This suspension system was developed for the most extreme off-road terrain. The long travel race kit is capable of 17.5” of travel and can accept up to a 37” tire. We have perfected the suspension geometry by relocating the upper control arm mounts and modifying the outer pivot locations on the spindle. With these changes we were able to achieve twice the amount of travel compared to stock and eliminate bump steer throughout the suspension cycle. The kit accepts 2.5 x 10” coil overs, 3.0 x 10” bypasses, and 2.0 X 2.0 bump stops for superior suspension dampening.
This kit is constructed using parts commonly found on trophy trucks such as massive FK 1.5" uniballs and JMX series heims. The result is a suspension system with reliable performance and off road handling that will exceed all expectations. This kit must be installed by a qualified off road shop.
- Wheel Travel: 17.5”
- Amount of Lift: 0-4”
- Track Width: 4.25” wider per side
- Maximum Tire Size: 37”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.5”
- Minimum Rim Size: 17”
- Coil Over Shock Size: 2.5 x 10”
- Bypass Shock Size: 3.0 x 10”
- Bump Stop Size:2.0 x 2.0
This suspension system must be installed with shocks built to our specifications. Within the “specs” tab we provided the PDF showing how they need to be built. The shocks are also available for purchase through Dirt King Fabrication. Email for availability and pricing.
When shopping long travel kits many consumers tend to focus just on travel numbers. This is the reason many companies claim inaccurate numbers or don’t disclose the amount of work involved to achieve those numbers. Our suspension systems are built to allow for maximum wheel travel, perfected suspension geometry, and an overall product with a simplified installation process and is easily serviceable. We disclose as much information as possible so you can make an educated purchase and won’t be left with any surprises.
When using 37” tires with this kit modifications to the wheel well will need to be made. The firewall pinch weld will need to be folded over to avoid contact while turning. The upper wheel well will also need to be modified to avoid contact at full bump.
- Boxed plate upper control arms
- Boxed plate lower control arms with pocketed shock mounts
- 9" quad wrapped limit straps
- Weld on adjustable limit strap mounts
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- 17-4 stainless steel steering clevis’s
- Fabricated shock towers
- Billet aluminum heimed tie rods
- DOT approved extended brake lines
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Durable black powder coat finish
- Utilizes American made FK bearings
- 4130 chromoly uniball cups
- ¾” heims for the UCA’s
- Delrin bushings for the LCA’s
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Grease fittings for easy servicing
- Pocketed lower shock mounting
- 3/16" & 1/8” boxed plate construction
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
1999-2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD
1999-2006 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD
*Will not work on models with factory torsion bar suspension