The Dirt King long travel kit was developed to drastically improve the vehicles off-road handling without compromising its day to day driving characteristics. This suspension system allows for 12” of travel and accepts up to a 37” tire. The kit is compatible with 2WD models and 4WD models along with the purchase of extended axle shafts.
Our upper and lower arms are designed with 1” stainless steel uniballs for the outer pivots instead of ball joints for strength and increased articulation. The lower arms have recessed shock mounting allowing 8" coil overs to fit without any modifications. This kit is CAD designed, thoroughly tested, and 100% made in America resulting in a product we’re proud to put our name on!
- Wheel Travel: 12”
- Amount of Lift: 0-4”
- Track Width: 3.5” wider per side
- Maximum Tire Size: 37”
- Maximum Backspacing: 5”
- Minimum Rim Size: 17”
- Coil over Shock Size: 2.5” x 8”
- Bypass Shock Size: 3.0” x 8”
- Bump Stop Size: 2.0” x 2.0”
- Compatible with Sway Bar: Yes (DK-631955)
This suspension system allows for several different options to suit your needs. The 2.5” x 8” coil over can be installed with one of the following options, sway bar, bump stops, or bypass shocks. We offer a sway bar kit that adapts our long travel kit to work with the factory sway bar. This will give the vehicle similar on road driving characteristics to stock with minimal sacrifice to the suspension systems performance. The next option is installing bump stops. They will help dampen hard impacts and are cost effective but on the other hand are often noisy. The last option is most commonly used. Adding bypass shocks will fine tune the damping throughout the suspension cycle. They are also completely adjustable to perfect the ride quality.
For the best performance and to achieve the full amount of travel you must purchase our spec built coil over shocks or have them custom built based on our shock spec sheet. In addition, our long travel kit is tabbed to accommodate bypass shocks. The bypass shocks will allow for superior suspension dampening and tunability. To mount the bypasses we offer a weld on bypass shock hoop kit (DK-631910) that can be purchased separately. The bypass shock hoop kit requires welding and modifications to the frame. You have the option of installing 2.5” diameter by 8” stroke bypass shocks or 3.0” diameter by 8” stroke bypass shocks.
When shopping long travel kits many consumers tend to focus just on travel numbers. This is the reason many companies claim inaccurate numbers or don’t disclose the amount of work involved to achieve these numbers. Our goal is to build a suspension system with the highest amount of wheel travel without requiring major modifications to the vehicle or compromising its overall drivability.
When installing 37” tires with this kit you must modify the wheel wells to avoid contact at full bump. We have solved this problem by developing complete bolt on front wheel wells for proper tire clearance. The firewall pinch weld will also need to be folded over to clear the 37” tires.
- Boxed plate upper control arms
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- 9" quad wrapped limit straps
- Weld on adjustable limit strap mounts
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- 17-4 stainless steel tie rod extensions
- DOT approved extended brake lines
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- FK bearings
- Delrin steering stops
- Lower Arm Weld Washers
- Bolt on application, minimal modifications required
- Utilizes American made FK bearings
- 4130 chromoly uniball cups
- Delrin bushings for the UCA’s and LCA’s
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Grease fittings for easy servicing
- 3/16" and 1/8” boxed plate construction
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
- Bypass tabbing
- Ability to adapt factory sway bar
2007-2018 Chevy Silverado 2WD / 4WD
2007-2018 GMC Sierra 2WD / 4WD